Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

Everything going wrong after a dead battery, 4WD, Emissions,

Customer Question

Everything going wrong after a dead battery, 4WD, Emissions, traction control stability assist, cylinders misfiring. Drives rough w no power. Everything was fine until I left the lights on, killed the battery, and had to jump it to start it.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: About 3 years. The battery had given me warnings before and I load tested it and it was fine. I trickle charged it and solved the problem. That was a few months ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to since it seems like something just needs to be reset.
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: 2010
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Clayso replied 4 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description of everything going on I would start with the battery. Load testing batteries checks the state of charge across the cells where conductance testing checks the battery plate resistance or impedance by passing a mild alternating current through the battery. Most all parts stores have conductance battery testers that are far more accurate for testing the batteries integrity. Have the battery tested and replaced if necessary. The only reset would be to disconnect the battery negative first and hold the battery cable terminals together for a couple of minutes to reboot all of the systems modules. Then reconnect the battery negative last. BTY, 3 years is about all you can hope for in battery life these days. Interstate batteries usually last up to 5.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In the text I wrote to get to you I already did just that. This ads nothing new.