justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

I have a 2008 Acura RDX and my key is stuck in the ignition.

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Acura RDX and my key is stuck in the ignition. I tried several times turning the steering wheel even driving died my driveway and back up but I cannot get the key to come out. It us in the 1 position I would guess because the radio was still on.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Unfortunately the problem here is not easily repaired, and you won't be able to do it yourself. I wish it weren't so, but it is. The issue here is a mechanical failure inside the ignition lock cylinder (where the key goes in). This is a fairly common problem on 2003 and newer Honda/Acura models. I service only Honda/Acura every day so I know the brand well. The lock cylinder assembly needs to be replaced. When you purchase the lock cylinder it will come with new keys. This is important because the new keys have to be programmed to the vehicles PCM (powertrain control module). This can only be done at the dealership, or a shop that has this capability. The new keys will not work in the door locks either. You'll have to keep your old keys to function in the door locks. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. I will include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. It is #1 in the parts list.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!
http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~cylinder~set~key~06350-stk-a21.html

Any news here? Please remember that I do not get paid unless you rate me positively. If you have any more questions about this just let me know