Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2005 MDX I setup the HFL and No mater what command

Customer Question

I have a 2005 MDX I setup the HFL and No mater what command I give it returns to the main menu and says no phone is paired. I msay pair and it says no phone paired and goes back to main menu.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnect the MOduel., and pluged back in.
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: No everything is working fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you tried to pair a different phone at all to see if it pairs properly then and works at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A different phone yes. But it is also a Samsung Galaxy s5. The same as mine. The HFL just keeps sayong mo phones are paired, and returns to the main menu.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry about the typing. Fat fingers.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,if this is occurring with more then one phone I suspect this is an issue with the HFL/bluetooth itself.I have seen some of these faulty or fail before and cause this type of fault here.In some cases a dealer may have to program or code the vehicle in order for this to operate properly if you just installed this yourself.But if this was checked into or is not the issue here I suspect an internal problem with it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete