Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

My Vtm4, abs and Vsa light are on never happened before :

Customer Question

My Vtm4, abs and Vsa light are on never happened before
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: They just came on when I started the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Resetting the dash turned the car off then when got down the road they came back on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

When this happens it means the management system for the ABS system has encountered a malfunction within the system.

most common is a bad wheel speed sensor .but could be one of many sensors that have malfunctioned .

When the system sees a fault it will set of the other warning lights and disarm them ,

IF the check engine light is also on then a simple issue like a O2 sensor code will also trip these warning lights ON..

First you need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .from the codes you will then know what is causing you this issue .

Like said may just be one wheel speed sensor causing you this .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok i will have a diagnosis check to the car asap
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no check engine light
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Okay with no check engine light its most likely an issue with the ABS system .

Sometimes this can happen if you hit a pot hole and the steering is out of alignment .

You will be okay to drive if you don't feel any drivability or braking issue .

Kind regards Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .Let me know what you find ,like probably a issue with a speed sensor