Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 02 Acura MDX. Ive been driving fine til today. The

Customer Question

Hello,i have a 02 Acura MDX. Ive been driving fine til today. The VTM4 turned on. The steering is hard and it seems stuck in 2 gear. Also i have no reverse. I unplugged the battery and reverse worked for a few minutes. Can you help me understand this. I dont think the transmission is out.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What has to be done here first is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.There should be at least one code set with this issue here that will help diagnose and locate this fault.This light coming on is for an issue with the rear differential.This can indicate a component within the rear differential is at fault or one of the electronics that works in conjunction with the rear differential is at fault here.The codes do need checked and diagnosed to locate the fault.In some cases places like Auto Zone will read out the fault codes free for you but usually cannot do the diagnosis.The diagnosis will have to be done by a repair facility . If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete