Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile

Pearl. I have a 2003 Acura 3.2TL. MY WINDOWS are going down

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a 2003 Acura 3.2TL. MY WINDOWS are going down but not coming back up. I changed the master window switch and control unit but the problem is still there. Could it be a wire short?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'll try. I'm good with my hands. If not they I'll get the professional help
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Sorry for the long delay. Let me know if your still seeking help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chris, yes I'm still seeking help.

Super, here is the link I will be using.

Which control unit was replaced, the passenger door multiplex, drivers door multiplex, power window control, door multiplex?

Are all windows not going up from all switches?

On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Chris, I changed the window control unit, also the window switch on the driver door. The fuses are all good.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But still the same problem.

Is this concern effecting every window from all the switches?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is.

Do you own a diagnostic tool so we can check all the modules involved on this system?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't.

I do not believe I am going to be able to diagnose this not in person and without tools. I am going to opt out and let another try.

Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 4 months ago.

hello . I can try and help you with this . Here is a diagnostic chart you use . You will need a test light or a DVM .