thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

I can't get the circular lug off of my 2006 Acura MDX.

Customer Question

I can't get the circular lug nut off of my 2006 Acura MDX. Trying to change the tire
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had a blow out on my right front tire. The tool that comes with the car allows me to renove 4 of the 5 lugnuts on the tire. The 5th lugnut is circular and I am unable to get it off with the fire changing kit that came with the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am going to put the spare on myself, yes.
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: No. The car is fine other than the tire.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist you are missing the wheel lock key for the removal. a parts store has a kit that you can get that will remove this for you. you will need to hammer on a socket in order to remove the lug nut. you may be able to rent the kit and return it. Roy