Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda Platinum level master tech,ase certified

I have a 2005 Acura max. Battery disconnect - now trying to

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Acura max. Battery disconnect - now trying to get code for reset of radio and navigation system. Code on side of glove compartment (there is only 1 sticker) has 8 numbers 11106503 -- system asks for a five digit code but only allows 4 numbers. Tried several variations with no luck - how do I determine the correct 4 digit code to get this to work?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
The sticker you found has the serial number on it. I can get the code from that for you. I should have it shortly for you. This may only be the radio or the navigation. i will list 2 codes to try, one for the radio and one for the navigation. please let me know which works so I can help you get the other.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you sending the codes separately - or do I just not see them? :)
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
Sorry i had a little computer issue and the last response didn't post. the number you gave me would be for the radio only. that code is 36511.try this and see if you can get me the navigation serial number:1. Enter the navigation diagnostic mode by pressing and holding the Menu, Map/Guide, and Cancel buttons at thesame time.2. From the Select Diagnosis items screen, select Detailed Information & Settings, then select Unit Check,then select Navi ECU or ECU Info. Once you get to ECU info you should see the serial number there.If all else fails the number would be on the unit you put the disc in under the seat.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
k - Radio now works! :) K the serial number for the navy system is: FDB26021389 -- THERE IS ALSO A DVD-ROM # ***** -- NOT SURE IF I NEED THAT AS WELL. THANK YOU!
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
Great, we are getting there!.This should be the navigation code: 0646. if that doesn't work try 2692Please don not forget to accept my help and leave me some excellent feedback.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All works! Yes of course you get Awesome Reviews!!! Thank you again!
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
Glad to help out.