Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

The car jerks on takeoff and on the dash drive 5 light flashes.

Customer Question

the car jerks on takeoff and on the dash drive 5 light flashes. also the rpm go up to 3or4 rpm
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: im not in the car and the info is being relayed to me from 200 miles away . he car jerks on take off and the light on the dash is flashing drive 5 . it seems shes saying the engine revs up to 3 or four rpm. when in gear the car is a 2001 acura tl
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: the car has been starting normally . around 200,000miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far , but was told by auto zone i might have to change neutral safety switch
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: power steering rack needs replacing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
hello can you tell me what model and year the car is please? also I'm assuming that this is the automatic transmisson?
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you