thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

TL: I need a navi code 2005 acura tl

Customer Question

I need a navi code for my 2005 acura tl
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Do you by chance know the serial number for the navigation unit? It's different from the audio unit.
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
This is what honda/acura says for most models:"The navigation system serial number label is located on the control unit. This is where the removable DVD is stored. For information on where to locate your navigation system control unit, refer to the Navigation System manual supplied with your vehicle ("Changing the DVD") or consult your dealership. If the label is not viewable once the control unit is located, consult your dealership for assistance.Note: The serial number cannot be obtained electonically on the navigation screen."
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
If the serial number isn't there you could try the procedure that they list for the accord and see if it works:Retrieve Serial Number from Device Display2003 - 2007 Accord with Navigation SystemTurn the ignition switch to ACC (I).Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.Turn off the audio unit.Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens.The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200).The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055).Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.