sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm Dino. I drive a 2003 acura tl s type model. My car

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Dino. I drive a 2003 acura tl s type model. My car has been having trouble starting here recently and now today it's not starting. I have power but when I turn the key it tries to start up, but then nothing.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's something simple I will try to fix myself
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: It has very high mileage, 202716. It's been having trouble start for about a week and a half now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are any things that could cause a no start condition. I'm assuming that the engine cranks but does not start.If it cranks but doesn't start then you may be missing fuel pressure, spark, it could be a cam timing issue, fuel contamination, it could be an exhaust restriction. The first things that will need to be done to begin diagnosing the issue are checking for spark, fuel pressure, and using a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are stored. Have any of these things been done?