Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

NSX: ave 1994 Acura NSX. Trying to jump start 1st time

Customer Question

ave 1994 Acura NSX. Trying to jump start for the 1st time for the year. There was a a spark and some smoking from the jumper cable so I disconnected the cable ASAP. I have power everywhere but car will not even turn over and my climate control in my radio does not power on .
Category: Acura
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.
Hello, sounds like leads were reversed. It happens and I highly suspect a fuse and not damage to a component. The one fuse that has all missing things in common? fuse #33 in the under hood fuse box, I have inlcuded as link showing that fuse box layout. Locate fuse #33 and swap it out, even if it looks ok. otherwise,it may get a bit more involved and will then need a testlight for tests
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll will try that, do you happen to know what AMP fuse that is? My car is located in storage facility. And does the Main relay has to do with it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And I also noticed both passenger and driver power seats do not work also. Never had an issue with these before until this year trying to start the vehicle.
Sorry for the delay. I was offline, anything else you can think of not working?
you should have 2 under hood fuse boxes. the one for the radio etc is a 7.5 amp fuse, in the other box are the MAIN fuse and fuses 19,20,22,23 which are seats, you could? have a blown MAIn fuse, It is a special 120 amp strp type of fuse the unscrews out of the fuse box, I would have one of them from parts store as wee as a small box of assorted fuses, I am confident you have a bad fuse or fuses I have mentioned, The main fuse as #9 is shown and the others shown for seats in this link