sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I need to reset the cpmputer in my Acura legend (1991). I

Customer Question

I need to reset the cpmputer in my Acura legend (1991). I have disconnected the battery and pulled the fuses nothing works
Category: Acura
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, what are you trying to accomplish? what do you mean by resetting the computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The check engine light the srs the abs all my lights are on there is an electrical problem that won't let me rest
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Ok you have to find out what the codes are first. Then diagnose the issue before the lights will go out. They are on for a reason and resetting will not fix anything. The lights will come right back on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've done all that I just need to reset the computer
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
ok i will opt out and see if another expert knows how to erase the codes, i could not locate the info in my system sorry for the delay.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!These warning lights will all go out on their own once the problems causing them are repaired. The engine light would most likely stay on for the first two times the car is driven after a repair, and if the repair was successful then the light would go out on it's own. The airbag and ABS lights come on when there is an active code and go out immediately when the problem is no longer present, so if these lights are on then there is an active problem.You can disconnect the battery to clear fault codes if you don't have a scan tool, but if the lights come back that is because there are still current failures causing them.