acuragold74, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  17 years with honda master tech

The alarm on our 2007 TSX just going off tonight at our cottage.

Customer Question

The alarm on our 2007 TSX just going off tonight at our cottage. My wife is there by herself and she has reset by opening the car. She has left it open hoping that would work. It didn't. She has tried leaving a door open and that did not work. I have a tow truck headed there to disconnect the battery as it is bothering neighbours. Is there anyway to disable the alarm so that it will not go off? Is there a fuse that can be pulled? Will the car operate without this fuse? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am three hours away, so I am hoping the tow truck driver will be able to either fix the problem or disconnect the battery. We can not have this going off all night.
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: 2007 TSX
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acuragold74 replied 5 months ago.
Just need to disconnect the connector on the hood latch. Easy to get to with the hood open this will not allow the alarm to operate. Hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. I'm here if you need anything else.