thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I JUST CHANGED MY ACURA 2009 RL BATTERY AND THE CAR DOES NOT

Customer Question

I JUST CHANGED MY ACURA 2009 RL BATTERY AND THE CAR DOES NOT START.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I JUST CHANGED MY ACURA 2009 RL MODEL BATTERY AND IT DOES NOT START.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: IS THERE SOME KIND OF CODE THAT HAS TO BE ACTIVATED TO START THE CAR?
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: NOT AT THIS MOMENT
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.
Hello Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Sometimes new batteries come with a piece of plastic over the terminals, Double check and make sure you didn't put the cables on with one of those pieces of plastic on the terminals, Does the headlights or brake lights even work? Any electrical function at all when you turn on the ignition switch? Let us know, thank you.