sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Here, I have an issue on a 2010 TL where my

Customer Question

Hi - ***** ***** here, I have an issue on a 2010 TL where my navigation unit and radio are not working. Just had the fuel pump replaced and the battery was unhooked for a while. BTW: do you pay for these answers?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: navigation screen is blank and radio does not turn on asking for code there are 3 fuse locations in the car but there is not documentation stating radio or navigation on the TL - i can find online for MDX but nothing on TL
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Vehicle: 2010 Acura TL SHWD with Technology Package
ISSUE: Navigation unit and radio are not working - this is after the battery was disconnected
Background research: 3 fuse boxes on TL - none are labeled with Navi or Radio
Questions: how do you get this to work again? What is the fuse box / number to check?
Already tried: disconnected the battery - allowed pos/neg terminals to touch for 1 hour - reconnected and navi still doesnt work
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's possible that the radio has failed or has lot power or ground, but that doesn't seem to be the case. After power is lost to the radio then the security code has to be entered for it to operate again, which you seem to be describing. If the radio is asking for the security code then it will simply need to be entered to allow the radio to work again.It looks as though the radio is asking for the security code, is that correct?