sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I need help with my Acura MDX 2005 radio. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Hi, I need help with my Acura MDX 2005 radio.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My fiancee's mother tried to jump my car and accidently connected black to red instead of red to red. After fixing that error, my car was able to start but my radio refuses to work. Even the blinking red anti-theft light doesn't work. All fuses are fine and if they were blown, I replaced them.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced all the fuses.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!Reversing polarity can instantly damage any electrical component, it's very likely that the radio has failed and will need to be replaced.Did any of the fuses blow again after they were replaced?Have you tested the power and ground feeds at the radio?