Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My check emission light is coming on about every

Customer Question

***** ***** - my check emission light is coming on about every other day. when it first comes on it locks my steering. once i restart it the steering works. after about 5 restarts it will go away.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just when i go to crank it - it takes about 15 seconds of turning over before it cranks. thats when i know the emission light is going to come one. other than that it runs fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have an acura tsx 2009
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. I have seen in some cases where a faulty electronic ignition switch will cause this type of fault here needing replaced for this issue.It can cause the steering to lock like this as well as fail to send signals to allow other electronics to operate properly and can cause the emissions light issue and the extended cranking fault.What needs to be done from here if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This needs done using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete