Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Cl typeS: 2001 acura transmission "blinking D5", why? 78000

Customer Question

2001 acura transmission "blinking D5", why? 78000miles young
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. The flashing D5 light is in indication that there is a transmission trouble code present.….There are many areas in the trans controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.. …..The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool..When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.. Thanks.