thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I bought a 1997 acura integra from my friends daughter, I replaced

Customer Question

I bought a 1997 acura integra from my friends daughter, I replaced the dead battery with a new one. The radio does not work now, and she cant find the security code card for the car. Is there an easier way of getting the code othere than removing the radio?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Acura Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: sorry I must have pushed the wrong button. I have removed the consul and glove box and part of the dash
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: they just request the serial number of the radio
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
You will need to either pull the radio out and copy down the serial number from the back of the radio and then use that serial number to retrieve the unlock code from the Honda database, or you will need a good scan tool to connect to the car and pull the radio serial number from the vehicle's computer.If you can pull the radio and get that serial number for me I would be happy to look up the unlock code for you. I will need the vehicle's vin also.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.
Also, did you check for stickers around the glovebox? Sometimes you will find the serial number there.