Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

TL: my 2000 acura tl radio tape and cd player turns on runs

Customer Question

my 2000 acura tl radio tape and cd player turns on runs but only silence and often a static burp sound comes out of the speakers and suddenly the music comes out. Hitting a bump,turning a corner,turning the signal lights on,operating the power windows,touching the brake will shut the music off. This has been going on since 2003 with no music about 1% of the time. today, I have no music about 98% of the time.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What will cause this fault here that I have seen several times before in the past and had to replace is the sound amplifier itself.The amplifier fails internally or acts up internally causing this issue here.In some cases the sound can come and go when hitting a bump or other electronics used.I would check the electrical wiring and connections to the amplifier to see if any issues are found.If all is found to be o.k. I suspect the sound amp needs replaced.https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k55wauvxvdjgyr/amp-04-14.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete