thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Changed my battery today on my 2003 Acura TLS.

Customer Question

***** *****, Changed my battery today on my 2003 Acura TLS. Trying to figure out the radio code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Looking for the radio code to turn my radio back on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
I will need the radio serial number to help you. you might find a small white sticker in the glove box with the serial number on it. It may even have te 5 digit radio code on it. If you do not find the sticker then try this:1. Make sure COdE appears in the upper display. You can do this by briefly disconnecting the battery.2. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I), and turn off the audio unit.3. Push and hold the No. 1 and 6 preset buttons on the audio unit, then turn on the audio unit. The serial numbermay appear as a single eight-digit number or two four-digit numbers that are combined to create the eight-digit serial number. Post the number here and I should be able to supply you with the code.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I found the codes with my original owner manual.
I typed in the code for the NAV system and it turned back on immediately.
I typed in the code for the radio and I get a "ERR1" message. When I tried again I get a "ERR2" message and the number changes with the number of times I try.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Were you able to get the serial number from the display? If the radio was replaced or repaired at one time it may have a different code.