Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Have an acura RL 2006. nWe have gotten a check start system

Customer Question

Have an acura RL 2006. nWe have gotten a check start system message three times over a bout a three month period. One of the previous times it started on the second try. Another time after following manual instructions of depressing accelerator the car started. This time we have followed all the manual instructions and still do not have the car going. Other electrical items seem fine. People on other sites have suggested ground issues and one person found a water issue in the cabin air filter compartment that was causing an intermittent short. ?We did have pounding rain yesterday. I have not started trying things yet but am open to suggestion.
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Acura Mechanic whenever you like. OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Acura Mechanic whenever you like. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Please connect me to a mechanic.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Acura Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not really
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, I need to know if yours has regular key ignition switch or push button start. I also need the vin number so that I can pull schematics and check for any related service bulletins