thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

My 2012 TL with nav and keyless entry won't start. When I try

Customer Question

My 2012 TL with nav and keyless entry won't start. When I try to lock the doors the car beeps 5 or 6 times in rapid succession. Is this a dead battery issue>
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: I bought the car used but I believe it is original
JA: Anything else I can tell the Acura Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Gauges are dark when I try to start car
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. I think you have more than one thing going on . First it sounds like the battery is dead. So try jump starting the car. The beeping and door lock problem is another issue. First I have a few questions. Do you have both keys to the car? Have you been putting the key in the key slot to start the car? Has the car been warning you that the key battery is low or saying to put the key in the key slot? I know its a lot of questions but this is a pretty complicated car.