Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We cannot get our 2013 Acura SUV to start after getting gas

Customer Question

It is keyless and i press brake, lock and unlock car it still says to press break to start but will not
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with a faulty brake switch.Even though you are pressing on the brake the brake switch may have failed when you last shut it off and is not seeing you pressing on the brake to allow starting.I have seen brake switch failure in the past before needing replaced.Unfortunately what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed and the brake switch signal needs checked/tested to see if you need a new switch needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete