acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Is there a check list, workflow or recommended steps to

Customer Question

Is there a check list, workflow or recommended steps to identify a constant electrical draw from the battery?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 12 months ago.

There is no check list so to speak, And using a volt meter in line with the cable will not work on the newer cars due to the memory circuits in the computers. You will need to use an inductive AMP Meter that can read low amperage current and wait 45 min for all the systems in the car to power down. But there are some common things that cause draws in this model. First try disconnecting the HFL unit in the base of the map light housing . These are very common causes of battery drain in this model. Also the A/C compressor relay can stick and drain the battery as well. Here is a video I found showing how to remove it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BJTQK0TNYA

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.