Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Changed starter and battery cable still just clicks when key

Customer Question

Changed starter and battery cable still just clicks when key is turned
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Starter was tested and found to be bad when ignition is turned just clicks doesn't engage the starter into the fly wheel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: 1997 2.2 Acura cl
JA: Our top Acura Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Acura Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Acura Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

1. Have you had an assistant listen to see if the click is coming from the starter or starter relay?
  2. Do you own a tool for testing 12 volts?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No and no
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is the starter relay

Thanks, ***** ***** cut relay is to the right of the steering column. Without a test light or volt meter to do testing your going to keep parts replacing guessing and you may never fix it this way. We need to be able to test this circuit to diagnose it correctly.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating on your screen when your pleased.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris