thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

My name is ***** *****. I just bought a 2008 Acura TL and

Customer Question

Hi Andrew, My name is ***** *****. I just bought a 2008 Acura TL and the HFL is locked. I don't have or know the passcode and would like to reset it, How can I do this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: "System is locked" "Please enter passcode" prompts happen when I attempt.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately due to privacy concerns The only way to reset the code is to use the factory scan tool . There is no other way to reset the unit other than to replace it . I'm sure this is not the answer you are looking for but I'm just being honest with you. This is why your question has taken so long to get answered . Most Acura or Honda dealers will do this for you for a small fee.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.