acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Having problems with my 07 acura mdx Bluetooth. Button on

Customer Question

Having problems with my 07 acura mdx Bluetooth. Button on steering wheel not working and cellular phonebook on the information screen is blacked out
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 10 months ago.

Lets test the system. Try pressing and holding the back(hang up ) button for 30 seconds and tell me what the system says if anything. Also have you been having problems with the battery in the car?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just bought it. Nothing happened. No problem with battery as long as I'm aware

Ok then if the horn and radio controls in the steering wheel work , The unit is either bad or disconnected. We see problems with the HFL units in this model and sometimes rather than replace a bad unit, The shop will just disconnect it. The next step would be to remove the back of the center console and check the unit . It is very easy to do . Just open the top doors and pull back at the very top of the rear of the console (where the vent and control's are) it will pop of f. Then bolted to the back of the console you will see the HFL unit if it is unplugged then you know it is bad. If it isn't then its still bad so disconnect it now until you get another unit so it doesn't short and drain the battery. If you give me the vin # ***** the car I can give you the part number of a replacement unit. I know it sounds confusing but the whole system is contained in the unit in the console.

here is some links to pictures that show the unit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/consoule.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w9w7fn9rvvdb06/hft.jpg?dl=0

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.