Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field

Honda hatch thermostat is gh after a replaced axle

Customer Question

Honda hatch thermostat is high after a replaced axle
Category: Acura
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If all you did was replace the axle, and there were no overheat issues prior to this, I would think it highly possible that the sending unit has failed, someone unhooked the wire connector from the sending unit, or the wire form the sending unit has become chafed and touching a ground. This is, of course, assuming the engine is not overheating due to a coincidence of a faulty thermostat

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is it when. The car makes a noise like if the brakes were out u know the scraping noise well when I turn it on it begins and when I drive as well then it stops for a little bit then it starts

Without seeing or hearing it, I can only provide a common issue...Since the axle was changed I would think the scraping noise is the backing plate being rubbed by the front brake rotor.