George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years w/L1 Drivability certification

My door will not close the latch is all the way down and

Customer Question

Hi, my door will not close the latch is all the way down and will not allow me to close the door. Acura MDX 2006
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Manually and remotely unlocking the doors, checked the child safety locks, used a screw driver
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Acura Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Acura Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Acura Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Acura
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Put the tip of a pen or screwdriver in the part of the latch on the door where the latch finger is closed and pull towards the inside of the door while you work the inside door release handle. The finger of the latch should swing up and the door should operate normally again.

This is the front door correct?