Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech

My rsx starts couple seconds then chokes out like its

Customer Question

my rsx starts for a couple seconds then chokes out like its starving for fuel. then when I go to start it again , it turns over but wont fire
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what else ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned the intake air control valve. checked fuel pump. planning on making sure its getting spark in the morning. pretty sure it is. sounds like its trying to fire
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Acura Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Acura Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Acura Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with your problem I need to know what year your RSX is as well as engine size. Also can you scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with the results as well as the year and engine size and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2003. 2.0 base . There are no engine lights and I don't have a scanner
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Okay can you check to see if you are loosing spark to the spark plugs or injector pulse as well as checking the fuel pressure and post back with which one you are loosing when it will not start?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I have to go to work in an hour so it'll be a little while
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

No problem, Im here when you ready. Let me know and we can work from there.