Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Replace knock sensor. Does the injector rail pull up once

Customer Question

Replace knock sensor. Does the injector rail pull up once the two screws are moved? Do you need to have an injector o ring or replacement kit, or if you're careful to pull the rail, can you slide the rail back after service of the sensor and/or harness. Can you really get to the sensor through that little opening?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I have the parts already.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed the cover, intake manifold, cables, two screws below the rail, injector electric couples. Can see the little sensor between 4 and 5 barely, and it looks like the harness is not connected. PO325 error. AFTER the battery was disconnected for a few hours, the engine light went off, then came on with a PO443
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Acura Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: 2005 MDX
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Yes, the fuel rail will come out and when you install it, just put a little WD-40 on the seals so that they slide in easily.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I pulled off the top of the intake throttle assembly and the spacer. Then, the rails are aligned with the top of the 'manifold'. The Knock Sensor can barely be seen between the ports. Hard to see if it's just the harness or more. Wondering if just pulling the rail will be enough to get to the sensor, or is there more...such as removing the manifold down to the cylinders to expose the block.***@******.***. Thx.