thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I was told from the dealers mechanic that the trans was

Customer Question

I was told from the dealers mechanic that the trans was checked and that wasn't the issue. Plz help.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

If the rpm's are raising, but the vehicle isn't moving then the transmission is not working properly. The vehicle may have been working fine when the dealer tech drove it, but they may not have driven it enough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the RPMs doesn't raise at all. In fact it goes all the way down to nothing. Hope I explained that right.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that information is different than previously. Does the engine run rough?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not as rough as one would think that it should with this going on. The start up doesn't seem to catch it should though.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did say that it came on when they had it, checking it. They are suppose to fix that for me.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Well, the code may relate to what the issue is. If I knew the code I could more than likely tell if the issues were related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering if you could give me those last response answers from our telephone conversation? They were misplaced or erased.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I don't remember chatting with you over the phone. I help a lot of people so exact responses may be difficult to remember.