Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on Acura and Honda vehicles for over 30 years. I have an associates degree in automotive and factory training.
75670266

I have a 2003 Acura MDX and I had my transmission changed

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Acura MDX and I had my transmission changed three months ago but sometimes the D4 light blinks when I drive ..its not on a regular basis ..within the last week like twice but when I turn off the engine and restart it goes away
Category: Acura
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. I may need to ask some questions before I can give an answer. As much detail as possible is greatly appreciated.

Have you had a chance to have the code read? Most auto parts stores will check the code information for free. Knowing what the code is would be a good first step. It may be something simple like a bad pressure switch. 3rd and 4th pressure switch failure is fairly common. If you can get the code I can explain what it means. Taking it back to where the transmission was replaced would also be a good idea. It must still be under some kind of warranty.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the rating are free so don't worry you can still come back until you have all of the advice and help you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man