Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I own a 2005 Acura RL & my navigation screen won't turn on

Customer Question

I own a 2005 Acura RL & my navigation screen won't turn on anymore
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The back lightning seems like it's still on there is just no picture, sometimes the snavigation screen will pop on but within seconds it turns off & im hoping this isn't going to be an expensive fix.
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Confused
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I didn't say anything about Odd noises
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Acura Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Because there is some power to it at times, then we know that the fuse is good, which means likely no easy or simple repair. The possible causes are loose or shorting wires at the connector to the NAVI screen or internal fault in the unit. So you would need to remove the unit and check the wiring at the connectors and repair as needed. If ok, then the unit would need to be sent out for repair or replaced.

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks