Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

SRS code 15-1 Also brake warning light on and no a/c, Both

Customer Question

SRS code 15-1 Also brake warning light on and no a/c
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Both brake light and a/C have had a problem for a while DSRS light is newer problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Reading SRS codeChecked park brake switch goodBrake fluid full disconnect switch ligh still on No ground to clutch relay
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: It's a 2001 civic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Acura Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Honda has released a service bulletin dealing with the SRS code 15-1 and the repair needed to resolve it. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/SRS%20code%20Mar%208.pdf