Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2005 rl 3.5 no power, battery new battery jumper cables

Customer Question

2005 rl 3.5 no power , battery new battery jumper cables attatched still no power to vehicle what can be the cause. is there a power relay i need to look for
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Acura Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just no electrical power to vehicle. rear end impact
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes my mechanic is working on vehicle
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuse on battery is ok , voltage on battery is ok , attempted to jump the battery but no transfer of electricity to vehicle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: impact to rear is minor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

It is most likely you have blown the main fusible link under the hood. In the fuse box under the hood there is a 120 amp fusible link bolted to the box. I am sending a diagram for you. Disconnect the battery and then remove it and ohm it. If it's bad, replace it and you should get power back.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

Do you need further assistance with this?