sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Hope is my name. My 93 Acura legend sounds like a pickup

Customer Question

Hello. Hope is my name. My 93 Acura legend sounds like a pickup truck is running when I drive it and engine jumps when braking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It makes like a grinding noise after about 10-15 minutes of driving from under the hood that sounds like an old truck and occasionally I'll smell burning oil.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a number of things that could be making noise. It could be an internal engine issue but if it's a grinding noise it would be more likely to be an engine driven accessory such as the a/c compressor. It's also possible that the noise could be coming from the transmission.

Are any warning lights coming on?

Have fluid levels been checked?

Are you able to tell what part of the engine compartment the noise comes from?