Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2007 MDX has been showing the check emission system off

Customer Question

My 2007 MDX has been showing the check emission system off and on for the past 12-14 months. The dealership did diagnosis $249 with the result that I may need to change the Catalytic converter if the warning persisted. But last night the SH-AWD light came on and ask me to check now, which I did but after pulling of the highway and stopped the engine, I tried to start the car again and I couldn't shift the gear at all. I had to tow the car?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I am not adventurous.
JA: OK! The Acura Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: 182,000 miles otherwise it has been a very reliable car, all the services were done at the dealership and always on time too.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Possible causes for it not shifting out of park are faulty brake switch, shift interlock solenoid, blown brake switch fuse, faulty transmission range switch.