thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I have an MDX 2003. The other day I could not unlock the

Customer Question

I have an MDX 2003. The other day I could not unlock the doors with the remote and my key would not fit in the lock. Our other car key opened the door. Then we had to jump the car to start. The battery was fine , but now the remote does not work on the door locks and the display is blank, can't control air/heat or vents. The navigation went out months ago and that part would not display. Any ideas? Thanks. Cathy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car has been able to start and run since this started Thursday afternoon. Still no display and remote does not work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 10 months ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will do my best to assist you today.

not sure on your key issue which makes no sense unless you used the wrong key.

as far as the multi display unit this is a all in one if this has navi.

we can try a master reset by disconnecting the battery cables and use a wire to connect both battery cables together.

make sure to place something over the battery post so this does not make contact and short the entire system out,

this is critical that you pay close attention to this part ok.

most people will place a piece of cardboard over the battery while this is been done.

once you get these connected let this set for 20 minutes and then reconnect the battery and start the car up and let it reconnect with the gps.

can you also shed some light on what was done prior to this happening.

did anyone accidentally cross the cables on accident for a split second ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing happened. Got to work and locked the car around 8 am then tried to unlock the car around 4 pm on the same day. Car was in the school parking lot and not moved all day.

thank you.

now these items have since quit since the battery jump correct ?

now the navi been out now all the hvac functions have failed also.

so since this is all controlled through the navi display it will need to be repaired in order to regain full function of the hvac system