justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

Well my vsa light been on while,so today I'm driving home

Customer Question

Well my vsa light been on for a while,so today I'm driving home the rpm rises then the check engine light come on
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. To go any further I would need the codes associated with the check engine light. You can go by somewhere like Advance Auto or Auto Zone and they will scan the computer for free. You can then relay the code(s) to me and we can continue. DO NOT let them sell you anything because they more than likely will. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
today I took my car to acura the service advisor told me my transmission was rebuild or replace she recommended that I flush the transmission fluid because it had aftermarket fluid that my cuase the clutch to slip
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Thanks for that information. Honda does NOT recommend "flushing" their automatic transmissions. Maybe they are just wanting to drain and refill. In any case, if there is aftermarket fluid in it then I would definitely consider having the fluid "replaced" with factory fluid. Maybe drain and refill then drive the vehicle for 100 miles or so, and then drain and refill it again. Aftermarket fluid can cause performance issues so this would be something I would want to rule out first before calling the transmission faulty.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle has 69thousand miles in I drive about 100 miles back in forth to work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see alot of people say the transmission in the 2003 acura tl suck
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't say they suck, but some have had more trouble than others. Like I said, I would try changing the fluid a few times first before I got carried away with anything else.