Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on Acura and Honda vehicles for over 30 years. I have an associates degree in automotive and factory training.
75670266

The ac in my car is not blowing, I bought a new motor and

Customer Question

The ac in my car is not blowing, I bought a new motor and connected it leaving the other in place and the motor still did not run. I checked the power going to the fan and I'm getting power so I'm stumped.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just-Answer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda

and Acura vehicles. I would be happy to assist you with your Honda or Acura question!

Usually when replacing the motor fails it's a bad blower motor transistor also commonly called a blower motor resistor. It's a very common part to fail and easy to replace. It's up under the passengers side dash under the glove box(see diagram). Old blower resistors would fail leaving high speed working. Newer power transistors fail with no speeds working at all. It controls the ground to the blower motor that's why you have power to the motor. Part from Acura click HERE.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is my goal! Please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this

page or accept my answer so I may be credited by JustAnswer. You are not charged extra for rating. This is important and

the only way the site will compensate me for my time. All follow-up responses after the much appreciated rating are free

so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thank you! ~Honda-Man