MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

I have a 2006 acura mdx that was stolen and recovered, the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 acura mdx that was stolen and recovered, the navigation system was gone when I recovered it and I bought the screen and the underneath the seat box but all of the 06 boxes don't seem to fit the connectors that are coming from the truck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2006 acura mdx that was stolen and recovered, the navigation system was gone when I recovered it and I bought the screen and the underneath the seat box but all of the 06 boxes don't seem to fit the connectors that are coming from the truckRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/acura/506vg-acura-mdx-touring-remove-navigation-system.html#ixzz40dRf16HF
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was wondering if there is a harness that goes from the connectors coming from the floor of the suv to the unit underneath the seat? Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I have uploaded diagram showing what connectors should be at the module under the seat. See if they match up with the ones you have or not

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Attached are the images of the four connectors I have under the seat. Is there a harness that goes in between the unit and those connectors. None of them seem to fit in the box I bought (attached also unit I bought)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is also a pic of how to whole floor looks like. I took the seat out
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Hmmm, those dont look like what I show so give me about 15 minutes to check another source

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I will have to opt out and see if another expert has the correct ones to help as none of my match your photos

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Thanks for trying :)
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 9 months ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.

can you tell me what year this navi unit it from ?

their should be a date code on the unit

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have purchased two navigation unitsThe first one says it Manufacture Date MAY 2003 but there is another sticker saying ACURA MDX 03 04 05 06 DVD NAV
The second one says 2005 IW NovemberI included the pictures above front and back, as you can see in the previous pics with the other technician none of my connectors seem to fit this?
Thanks

thank you for the info.

so with this unit the connectors are not matching on the dvd unit or the display unit ?

the original images you posted of the seat been gone looks like the drivers side is this correct ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, so this id the passenger side. There are connectors coming out from the floor and this navigation unit goes under the front seat of the passenger, then the screen for the navigation (where it displays the maps goes on the front of the suv) but this is only the unit that reads the navigation cd. (under the passenger seat) see pics

yes I seen these.

the yellow connectors are srs (air bag )

have you looked under the carpet yet to see if the harness is cut ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't see anything under the carpet, do you know what the other two connectors are for? (not the yellow ones) and by any chance would you have a part number of some pics of the harness I should have or look for under the carpet that would go to the unit?
How many cables are we talking about maybe I can look further and tear more the carpet.
Thanks

ok let's stop for a second

give me the vin # ***** this mdx I want to see what's stock on it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2HNYD18696H525577

ok the reason this is does not have the harness is because this is a non navi model this is a premium with out navi.

the muilti function display is all this has.

this is according to the vin # ***** have given me and also seen the images.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Then where do the two left cables (none yellow) connect to?

can you take a photo of the passengers seat bottom so I can see the connectors

the seat has 2 power connectors that connect to the seat.