Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

99' acura 3.2 tl. started the car and the car felt like it

Customer Question

99' acura 3.2 tl. started the car and the car felt like it had a miss. tcs light came on along with the engine light which began flashing when accelerating
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just feels like it has a miss and and the lights come on and flash (engine light. think I may smell something burning but could have been something else around me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The engine light flashing like this here indicates the engine computer has detected a misfire.The light is designed to flash by the computer when a misfire is present.

The misfire can be caused by a worn or damaged spark plug,spark plug wire/boot at fault,ignition coil at fault or an issue with a fuel injector that isnt atomizing properly.It may also be caused by low cylinder compression in the cylinder head itself.

What needs to be done here is to have spark tested as well as the fuel injectors and a compression test to locate the source of the fault here.Once this has been done then it can be determined what needs done to repair this fault and then it can be repaired from there.

Most common is an ignition coil fault or spark plug at fault needing replaced but this will need tested further to pinpoint and repair the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete