thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

We just replaced the HFL and it is still not showing as

Customer Question

Hello. We just replaced the HFL and it is still not showing as available in the car...with the antenna looking icon on the dash. Is there a reset that needs to be done? a fuse that needs to be checked???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What additional info can I provide?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 9 months ago.

There is no reset needed. Did you buy a new HFL unit? What model and year car are you working on? Do you have the part number of the HFL unit you used and the vin# ***** the car? if you post these back to me I can check that you have the correct part.