sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 Acura MDX and the heater will come on by

Customer Question

i have a 2008 Acura MDX and the heater will come on by itself and not shut off sometimes, and other times the air is coming out the passenger vents and back seat but hot air is coming in on the driver.
is this a module or easy fix?
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. When you say the heater comes on by itself do you mean the inside blower fan will all of the sudden start blowing? Also, do you mean to say that sometimes cold air is coming out of one side and hot air on the other? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the inside blower fan will start blowing hot air, the first time it did it the hot air came out of all front vents ( I have dual control vents ) and even when I shut everything off it still blew out hot air.
then I tried the air conditioning and the rear vent blew out cool air but the front blew out hot air.
since the first time, it has worked properly one time and the next time I get in, it blow out hot air again on the driver side.

Thanks for that. Let me do some research on this and get back with you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not pleased to have 4 days go by without an answer
Never mind

I apologize for the delay. I have been unable to spend much time at my computer lately. I will opt out and maybe another tech can help you. Thanks.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you may have a couple different issues going on. The blower motor running even after it is turned off is usually caused by a failed blower motor transistor, but it could also be a wiring or control head issue.

Did you lose the ability to control temperature in the front at exactly the same time the blower motor started or did the two problems begin at different times?