Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Passenger side headlight is not turning on nor is that side

Customer Question

passenger side headlight is not turning on nor is that side high beam only the yellow signal light is working. Not sure what I would parts I would need to fix this. 2005 Acura tl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thats pretty much it. The problem all started the other day when my battery had died and some one gave me a boost the car started again but right after that the passenger side hightlight stopped working
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Acura Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The battery has been replace however the headlight never turned back on only the drivers side works
JA: Is there anything else the Acura Mechanic should be aware of about your Acura?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

There are 2 fuses in the fuse box under the hood, fuse #5 and fuse #6. They should be labeled as such either on the cover of the fuse box or next to the fuses themselves. Either of these could prevent the headlight from working. So check these fuses and let me know. If you find a blown fuse, replace it and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

Do you need further assistance with this?