justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.
27674784

2007 acura mdx has had to be jumped off 3 times within the

Customer Question

2007 acura mdx has had to be jumped off 3 times within the last month. ITs not the battery. I had it checked and it did have corrosion that had to be cleaned but it just happened again tonight. My car sat for 3 days at the airport and when i got in it, it didn't turn over and had to be jumped off. dashboard light was very weak and alarm went off when jumping off. once started it was fine. could this be the alternator
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: see above. its not the battery but acts like it has a dead battery. once it is jumped off, then it acts normal. corrosion cleaned off last week which i was told was the problem but it happened again tonight after it sat 3 days at the airport. dashboard lights were very dim and alarm went off when being charged. could it be the alternator
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a little while to look up some information here. I believe I know what the issue is, but I need to verify some things. Can you please provide the VIN of the vehicle so I can look up the correct information? Thanks!

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Never mind about the VIN. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid just answer.

I suspect a battery parasitic draw. A very common issue on vehicles with the hands free link system is the control unit will create a parasitic draw on the battery and if the car sits for

1-3 days the battery will run down. What I have done for many customers is simply unplug the control unit. I've found that most customers don't even use this system and don't don't even know they have it. If you are someone who uses this system then the only option is to replace the control unit. If you're interested in doing that I can help with information. I will include instructions for accessing the control unit to unplug it in just a moment.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Just remove the rear console cover to access the control unit

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! Any news here?