Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2001 acura mdx and my cassette adapter suddenly

Customer Question

I have a 2001 acura mdx and my cassette adapter suddenly stopped working and wont eject. Have any solutions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was playing music then the radio suddenly came on and when In tried to switch back to my tape audio it gave me the tape error message. I tried to eject it and nothing happened. Turning off the power didnt help either
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Acura generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

There is only one thing you can try prior to replacing the audio unit. Disconnect the negative battery cable overnight a minimum of 4 hours to reset the system. If it still fails to work then its a faulty position sensor inside the radio, and parts are not available to the public to purchase.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.